Investing in your health and well being is one of the most important things you can do in this life. As has been said many times over by gurus and sages everywhere, without your health, you have nothing. How many people do you admire who are unhappy despite having all the money, success and fame in the world, simply because their health has let them down?
The thing is, nourishing your body and soul is actually quite cheap and easy- and fun too. Here are my top ten ways that you can enure you are nourishing your health and investing in a healthy body for the future.
- Hydrate your body with plenty of fresh water
It goes without saying that drinking water every day will help you to be healthy and feel great. It is easy to forget to drink enough water every day (you should aim to drink at least 6-8 glasses), so you can spice it up by adding cucumber or lime or even a few drops of therapeutic grade essential oil to make your water more palatable and enjoyable. Also carry a re-usable water bottle with you so you won’t forget to sip throughout the day.
- Give your body and mind enough sleep
Another free activity that again many people don’t get enough of is sleep. Sleep is vital for our body and mind to rejuvenate and relax and getting at least 7 hours sleep a night is recommended for optimal health. Make a bedtime and stick to it!
- Feed your body nourishing and nutritious food
Some people think that this is expensive to do on a budget, but I disagree. Cutting out takeaway and delivery foods is a great way to not only save money but also to eat healthier. Aim to eat mostly home cooked food which includes heaps of fruit and veg (which can usually be bought inexpensively from farmer’s markets) and your body will thank you for it.
- Love and accept your body just the way it is
This one seems easy on paper, but is a lot harder in real life. However, dwelling on your flaws and quirks is never going to lead you to having the right mindset. Instead find 5 things you love about yourself and focus on those instead. This will lead to much greater acceptance of who you are right now- which is perfect, actually.
- Spend time in nature as often as you can
This is another free activity that will do wonders for your mind and soul. This doesn’t have to be complicated to accomplish, even if you live in a big city like I do. It might be something as simple as going to your local botanic gardens or park, or if you can manage it, a trip to the beach or forest would be rejuvenating too
- Move your body regularly in a way that sings to you
You do not have to go to the gym. I repeat. You do not have to go to the gym. If you hate the gym, that is perfectly fine, but I’m sorry to say that is not an excuse not to move your body. Find a way to move that you enjoy and do it every day for at least 20 minutes.
- Take a few deep breaths in and out throughout the day
When those moments of stress and anxiety kick in throughout the day, don’t forget to breathe. Breath-work has been a savior for me over the years and it is easy and do-able anywhere you are when you need a short time out.
- Laugh heartily, and often
There is nothing like a good belly laugh with friends (or even at a funny show on TV) to lift your spirits and energise you. Aim to laugh daily!
- Live your life on-purpose- pursue your dreams and passions
Do what you love to do, that lights you up, that makes you feel alive and purposeful. This will help you to feel fulfilled and happy and when you feel that way, the rest comes easy!
- 1-2 times each year gift yourself a detox
Yep, everyone can benefit from detoxing at least once, but even better 2-3 times, each year. Elimination of toxins from your body can have a profound effect on how you feel. A detox gives your body a chance to gently remove toxins, eliminate sluggishness and reset its metabolism.
Don’t know how to even start? Well, you can try this free 3-day detox that I am gifting to my clients and readers for a good head start.
However, you might find that doing a detox solo is difficult, which is why it is always great to have support. I am running an online group detox with whole foods called Lighten Up, starting on September 1, which comes with full support from me as well as all the information you need to be successful in detoxing.
This detox will help you to:
- boost your energy and mental clarity
- jump-start your weight loss efforts
- end sugar cravings
- have glowing, gorgeous skin
- reduce congestion and inflammation
- feel light and clean
- establish new healthy eating patterns
The Lighten Up 7-Day Detox starts September 1st and is suitable for vegans, vegetarians and omnivores alike. If you have allergies or sensitivities to wheat, gluten, lactose, casein, soy or nuts then this detox is perfect as it’s free of all these common trigger foods.
When you sign up for the Lighten Up 7-Day detox you will receive step-by-step instructions that will cover:
- Exactly what to do so there is no confusion
- What to eat with clear guidelines and explanations
- How to prepare your food with easy recipes and instructions
- How to enhance your detox with non-food activities through pleasurable self-care tips and techniques
- How to effortlessly transition into the detox by preparing body and mind
- How to smoothly transition out of the detox so you can retain the benefits you will accomplish
Plus, you also get
- Access to a closed Facebook group that will be moderated by me so you can ask questions and feel fully supported
This Investment in your health is just $ 89
- So now it is your turn…what are some cheap and easy ways you like to stay healthy?