So here we are, nearing the end of January ALREADY! I don’t know about you, but I have been a bit slow off the mark this year. I didn’t really even set my goals for the year until last week (my excuse is that I was waiting for my yearly planners to arrive in the mail!) but despite just starting to move things into the direction I want to be headed for in 2017, I am still feeling positive about making this year one of accelerated action rather than slumped in a plateau like last year!
Chances are, you are also a bit like me, and are still needing a bit of a boost getting your new years resolutions into gear. It is totally fine if you haven’t been focussing on your goals yet this year- the most important thing is that you eventually do. Do you know that 80% of Americans fail to follow through and achieve their New Year Resolutions? I definitely don’t want this to be the case for you!
I wonder- what has been your success rate in the past with goal-setting? Do you want to be the successful 20% who stick with it and make your health and wellness goals a reality?
The thing is, the key to successfully achieving your goals is not simply how hard you work or how strong your willpower is – although these are important components. You also need to structure your goals in a way such that you are setting yourself up for success, find the right motivation to carry you through the rough patches, and have the right kind of support system to cheer you along and pick you up when you fall off the wagon.
In my new Healthy Living Lounge Membership program, I will be dedicating the entire first training call to help members to set themselves up for success, so that they can achieve their health and wellness goals in losing weight, boosting energy, reducing stress, increasing mental clarity and improving productivity. (Note: This is an Early Action bonus call for those who say YES! to joining as founding members- get your name on my early-bird list to have a chance to join and be part of this special call!)
Of course I hope to see you in the membership program so that I can guide you through the ins-and-outs of goal setting, however, if you can’t wait, here are 5 things that you can do right away to set yourself up for success!
- Set S.M.A.R.T. goals – your goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. If not they will be too huge to manage, intangible for you to achieve and too wishy-washy to follow through on.
- Dig deep, ask yourself the bigger why – ask yourself why you want to achieve these goals, and don’t settle with the first answers that come to mind. Keep asking why you want to achieve a certain goal. The deeper you dig, the bigger the reason behind your desire, the more likely you will be motivated to stick with it.
- Take baby steps – break down your goals into small, simple steps. Make 3 realistic and reasonable changes in your life every week, practice them, and make sure they are fully integrated into your routine before picking up the next 3 steps. Before you know it, you would have made 36 changes in your life to bring you toward your goals in just 3 months. It can be simple things, like drinking a glass of lemon water every morning upon rising, eating a piece of fruit once a day, going to bed at a certain time every night, or reading 3 pages of a book every day. Don’t make these habits too strenuous or difficult!
- Assume total responsibility – no more victim mentality. No more blame-game. You are responsible for creating your own reality. Stop finding excuses and accept that it is up to you to make the changes you need to make. Connecting with your why can really help to keep you focussed with this.
- Get the right support – surround yourself with people who support your goals and your dream, and cheer you along. Let them know how they can help you if you fall off the wagon. Joining a membership program is a great way to surround yourself with an immediate community of like-minded people who are there to support each other (hint-hint!). You are the average of the 5 people who you spend the most time with, so make sure the people you hang out with daily can help and not hinder you and your chances of success.
There is so much more that I want to share with you… if 2017 is the year that you want to finally make your goals in health and wellness happen, don’t wait any longer. Taking action is the first step to success – get your name on the waiting list for my upcoming Healthy Living Lounge Membership program, and see how you can radically transform your health for less than 50 cents a day!
This membership program will cover many aspects of health and wellness including weight management, sugar addiction, energy and mental clarity, emotional balance, stress management, and bio-individuality, to name just a few of the topics I plan to cover each month. I will be revealing more to early-bird list members soon, so be sure to get on the list if you want to know more when I announce it soon.
I really hope that 2017 is a great year for you, and that you achieve everything you had hoped for (and more!) when you made your new year’s resolutions on new years eve!