You have no doubt heard that detoxification is essential. But do you know why?
I’m here to tell you that detox is not just a trendy thing to do, nor is it something that is just for super-health-conscious people or the crunchy people who eat only quinoa and kale.
Toxins affect all of us and just by changing a few things to clean up your life, you can see a dramatic difference in your health and well-being.
The question is no longer IF we are toxic. The real question is HOW toxic are we?
The thing is, everybody in this world has detectable level of toxins in the body.
- Studies have shown that every organism on the planet has detectable level of Teflon in the body (which will NEVER leave your system in your lifetime!)
- 287 chemicals were detected in umbilical cord blood of newborns. They include pesticides, consumer product ingredients, waste materials from burning coal, gasoline, or garbage.
- 180 of the 287 chemicals found are known to cause cancer in human or animals.
- 217 are toxic to the brain and nervous system.
- 208 of those are shown to cause birth defects or abnormal development in animal tests.
- Our babies are born with toxic substances in their bodies, even before being exposed to the toxins. A benchmark investigation of industrial chemicals, pollutants and pesticides in umbilical cord blood by the Environmental Working Group (an American watch dog group) back in 2005 showed that 287 chemicals were detected in umbilical cord blood of newborns. They include pesticides, consumer product ingredients, waste materials from burning coal, gasoline, or garbage.
The thing is, your amazing body recognizes all the impurities that have found their way into our soil, food and water as toxic. And when your body and liver are overloaded, it creates fat cells to enrobe and store these toxins.
It is for this reason that everybody should detox at least once a year. A good detox program is designed to remove the excess toxins, to assist your body in burning fat like a machine, to reduce inflammation and get nourished on all levels while your body becomes toxin free.
During a 7 day detox program such as my Lighten Up Detox, you will cleanse your body from everyday toxins, sugars, refined flours, processed foods and common allergens that find their way into your body on a daily basis. Once you begin to eliminate these inflammatory, difficult-to-digest foods, your digestive system is given a chance to rest.
The detoxification process helps to normalise your body’s natural ability to process and excrete toxins that are stored in our fat, while you also temporarily reduce the amount of incoming toxins.
So while eliminating all toxins from your system in just 7 days is impossible, it does help to rejuvenate your body and allows it time to cleanse what it can while limiting the number of excess toxins you are exposed to.
I have put together a special free report called Detox Fundamentals which I encourage you to read if you want to learn more about the whys and hows of detoxing.
You can download it for free by clicking the link below.
If you know that you would benefit from doing a detox, I invite you to join me in the Lighten Up Detox that starts on April 7. You can get all the details about what is involved and how to register by going to the Lighten Up Detox page.
- I’d love to hear from you. Have you ever done a detox, and how did you feel afterwards. If you haven’t done one before, what has stopped you from taking part?